The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-probably-do-have-penalities-in-my-lease-but-he-26184520.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pay off business debt w/credit card Date:  12/12/2007  11:00 AM
Author:  secondharvest Number:  265066 of 308782

I probably do have penalities in my lease but he knows the economic picture in this area and has not pressed the issue. He has a space double mine that opted out of their lease early, went out of business. So two spaces are vacant and businesses in this town are closing left and right, 3 out in the past 4 months alone. This whole area is dead, northern Indiana.

I agree that using the Credit Card to pay him off isn't the best option.
Although, if I use it to transfer a higher balance card then that option isn't even available as the credit limit will be reached.

I am closing the business as we speak, tomorrow being the last day. I have been selling the fixtures and equipment and paying him as I can. We have not set up any kind of re-payment plan but I can offer at least $300 per month, possibly more depending on how my online business does. I will be selling fulltime on Ebay. Have been dabling in it for several years but it's hard to committ the time when you have a retail store full time as well.

I'm glad that I asked, I don't usually trust my instincts but in this case I was right.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us