The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/whatever-the-soul-focuses-attention-on-is-what-it-26201828.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hey, Art. NASA picture of day for you. Date:  12/17/2007  9:13 PM
Author:  COJones100 Number:  10610 of 56743

Whatever the soul focuses attention on is what it experiences. I doubt when you die that the soul will be focused on looking for signs.

The voice inside your head is not the soul.

Look, Art, or Arie or whatever you go by, I'm not the guy who claimed people floated above themselves and watched their doctors at work. So it is not incumbent upon me to explain how it was they could identify themselves, their doctors, all of the various medical equipment in the room—but not see that the tops of all of the cabinets were Orange, and that one had a blinking sign saying "Ice Cream!" that they somehow missed. If they were indeed floating at just above eye level to their surgeons and if they had been able to see themselves and the surgical team, you know that they would have noticed such a detail.

But they don't. Nobody has ever reported it. It keeps you up nights, grinding off molar enamel because you know what I say is true: Nobody who has ever come back has read the signs. They just feel good about their little trip, is all.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us