The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/not-to-mention-a-leading-source-of-postage-26237647.aspx

Subject:  Re: Online vs US mail Date:  12/31/2007  5:25 PM
Author:  mendomann Number:  12224 of 19224

Not to mention a leading source of postage charges to the bank. I'm sure my convenience is the reason they no longer send me my cancelled checks.

I have to admit that I cast a jaundiced eye on anything that any bank does. That said, you probably get a tiny bit of additional identity theft protection by not receiving mail from the bank, but if you stop and think about it rationally, you're probably much more at risk of hassles due to stolen mail from the five or so preapproved credit card applications you get each week, at least one of which is probably from the bank that's looking out for your safety.

By your response and all the recomendations it got, I can see how cynical we all have gotten. It's very sad to see what has happened to this great country and the polarized condition it finds itself in today.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us