The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/banks-investment-companies-cc-companies-all-26239794.aspx

Subject:  Re: Online vs US mail Date:  1/1/2008  5:18 PM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  12233 of 19380

Banks, Investment companies, CC companies all would like us to go "paperless". That means you get to print out your statements yourself. In my case, I would be using very expensive "photo" inks.

I have opted not to go paperless, even though I pay my CC charges/bills online and look at my bank and investment statements online. I just want to have the paper in hand and I don't want to print it. I did go paperless with my investment statements. They will send me the year end statement in paper. I am pleased with that.

For safety, I took out a P O Box this year when I got a new mail man who was delivering my mail all over town. And guess what? I received mail in my P O Box belonging to other people!!!
You can't win.

Biggest problem with paper statements is you now have to shred everything. I find that time consuming and annoying. I especially hate those "checks" I never asked for. But all CC statements eventually have to be shredded, along with old bank statements.

I do wonder, if GodForBid you are audited, and you are paperless, how do you get your past statements?? Of course, going paperless, you may save a tree.

It is all part of technology to make life easier for us LOL. I cannot complain, I love technology.

Happy New Year

~Birgit
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us