The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Alien Non-Resident Investing


Subject:  Re: Help with W8-BEN form Date:  2/11/2008  4:41 PM
Author:  peterxyz Number:  437 of 445

<insert usual disclaimer about not playing a tax expert on TV>

There's a general guide to the W8-BEN form here;

The section IV part is here;

reading this, you have to be one of the following to sign
"Form W-8BEN must be signed and dated by the beneficial owner of the income, or, if the beneficial owner is not an individual, by an authorized representative or officer of the beneficial owner."

So I figure you get to choose between something like
- "Beneficial Owner"
- "authorized representative"
- or "Company Secretary" (or director, etc

Hope this helps

peter xyz
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us