The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Foolish Globalization

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/presidents-day-sale-gone-bad-26394702.aspx

Subject:  President's Day sale gone bad Date:  2/18/2008  2:48 PM
Author:  HOGridin Number:  249 of 260

I find evidence of youthful exuberance lacking historical significance, or perspective at least, all around us. In the Motor Company it can be seen in their new ads, their sponsorship of tough man fights, some of the new Motor Clothes. It appeals to a younger crowd I am told.

GM spouting a stolen Corvette racing the streets like a video game in last years Superbowl - now that made no sense to me.

What happened to a hint of experience and a smattering of the enthusiast to bring a historical relevance to these companies and products? Is that too much to ask?

But things have really gone awry when I just heard a Nissan ad celebrating its 50th anniversary sale in honor of Presidents Day.

Let me get this straight, one of our most honored Presidents, FDR, was serving when Nissan built bombers and fighters attacked Pearl Harbor. We are supposed to be honoring this President by supporting the company anniversary by further attacking American's jobs by purchasing foreign owned company products?

HOGr
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us