The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Sharebuilder

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thus-add-up-all-my-monthly-contributions-and-then-26402963.aspx

Subject:  Re: IRA Contributions higher than what I expect Date:  2/20/2008  11:03 PM
Author:  havefunsaving Number:  1003 of 1024

Thus add up all my monthly contributions and then have it divide into 12 it is around 2%

Understood. However, if you have the other contributions buying stocks at a zero commission regardless of your Sharebuilder account fee, then you are still paying 18% of that particular account's contributions for the right to trade up to six times per month, which is a lot of trading for only $65/month contributed. Do you possibly get additional investing tools with the standard plan, not available through your other accounts, and you consider the $12/month a reasonable fee for those services?

Obviously, I may be missing something, and if this is your considered choice, then I don't want to step on your toes. But I thought I'd push just a little on the off chance that you decide your strategy could use some tweaking.

Best regards,
Kathie
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us