The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Teens and Their Money

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/stock-of-the-week-activision-atvi-26417299.aspx

Subject:  Stock of the Week: Activision (ATVI) Date:  2/25/2008  8:27 PM
Author:  Jognils Number:  1983 of 2675

For those who have started doing some research on Activison, Inc. (ATVI), this is the place to discuss your work. I've started doing a little bit of profitability analysis, and I'm hoping to post what I've found soon.

One issue I'm running into, which I was hoping TMF1000 or TMFGebinr might be able to help with, is that every financial source I check seems to have slightly (or in a few cases, radically) different numbers, especially when it comes to pre-calculated ratios. I've been using Yahoo Finance and CAPS almost exclusively, but I can't figure out why between Yahoo, CAPS, and my own calculation I get three different answers even for simple ratios like the current ratio.

One thing I noticed is that the ratios posted on the two websites are usually "trailing twelve months," or TTM. Is there a standard way to calculate a TTM ratio besides using the most recent year's annual data, or are there many ways to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Jognils
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us