The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Great Movies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-with-ken-on-this-one-touch-gone-with-the-wind-26424022.aspx

Subject:  Re: Gone with the Wind Date:  2/27/2008  6:45 PM
Author:  LaraAmber Number:  50820 of 63300

I'm with Ken on this one. Touch Gone with the Wind and expect howls of outrage from Colorado heard all the way in Los Angeles. Hollywood needs to learn to make new films, not pull one out and go "hey this is famous/made a lot of money, let's redo it with George Clooney!!!". Sigh.

Hollywood, while I have your attention. When you take a classic piece of literature and turn it into a film, step back from the script and ask one question "does this lose the point of the book?" I realize you have to make small changes, drop a character here, cut a scene there, but when you change the whole point being presented by the author STOP!!! My husband had to drag me from The Count of Monte Cristo before I injured someone. Please make sure your screenwriters & directors all read the full version of the literature being adapted, not abridged, not Cliff's Notes, not some assistant hitting the plot points while you're on the treadmill. Sit your butt down and read the book. If you don't understand it, let someone else have the project!

Lara Amber
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us