The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Teens and Their Money

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-looked-into-the-sales-revenue-and-net-income-26428058.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock of the Week: Activision (ATVI) Date:  2/28/2008  11:09 PM
Author:  awesomestockdude Number:  2006 of 2674

I looked into the sales (revenue) and net income (earnings). Yahoo Finance gave me back from March 31, 2005 to March 31, 2007. They only divided the quarters up for the past year so I will have to look more for more past info on that. Reading quarterly reports is still somewhat tough for me but I am learning more every day.

From 2005 to 2006 their sales have risen about 1%. Their net income though, fell 70.9%. This means that they sold a little bit more, but lost most of their profit. I don't really know why they fell and I can't figure it out so if somebody could help be figure that out I would greatly appreciate it.

From 2006 to 2007 their sales still grew about 1% but their net income rose 113%. This means that they sold a little bit more than usual, but made double profit for their earnings. That was good for that year but from whatever happened in 2005, they are still below by 38.35%.

I hope I helped and explained enough. Correct me if I have something wrong and please share why they went down in 2005 and if we are out of whatever the problem was.

Best,

Awesomestockdude
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us