The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Teens and Their Money

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/earlier-i-said-it-looks-to-me-like-activision-26430797.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock of the Week: Activision (ATVI) Date:  2/29/2008  9:29 PM
Author:  Jognils Number:  2009 of 2674

Earlier I said...
It looks to me like Activision has probably invested in either bonds or dividend-bearing stocks... My guess is that ATVI's specific investments are probably somewhere in the 10-Q as well, right?

Sure enough, I found some information in Activision's 2007 10-K that shows all of its cash equivalents and short-term investments. Its short-term investments totaled $571,824,000 on March 31, the end of its 2007 fiscal year. Of that total, 34% was in U.S. agency issues (I'm guessing U.S. treasury bonds, but could someone verify that?), 18% was in corporate bonds (which would explain a lot of the interest income), and 4% was in certificates of deposit. There were other investments, but they didn't seem quite as relevant for our discussion. So that's where Activision is getting its investment income! Pretty interesting, huh?

Jognils
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us