The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Teens and Their Money

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sorry-that-i-havent-done-that-much-on-this-stock-26437734.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock of the Week: Activision (ATVI) Date:  3/3/2008  10:39 PM
Author:  awesomestockdude Number:  2027 of 2674

Sorry that I haven't done that much on this stock. I've been having a ton of homework and barely any time to rest. I'll try to get some more information in if I have any time. Right now though, I have a few things on some ratios.

Quick Ratio- (2007) 3.8 (2006) 5.2
Current Ratio- (2007) 4.1 (2006) 5.8
Debt to equity- 0
Return on equity- 17.48%

The Quick Ratio shows how prepared a company might be to encounter unforseen difficulties or opportunities. Want a high number.
- The ratio isn't bad but it has fallen which is bad.

The Current Ratio provides an investor with a basic test of short term liquidity. Want a high ratio.
- Same as quick ratio. It's not bad but it has fallen.

The Debt to Equity Ratio compares how much equity the company has compared to its debt. Want a low ratio with 0 being perfect.
- The ratio is 0 which means that ATVI has no debt. GREAT!

The Return on Equity Ratio shows the amount of profit a business generates relative to the amount of money shareholders have put into it. 15% is good. 20% or above is excellent.
- It is 17.48% which is good.

That's what I have right now and if I have time I'll come back with more. I think, if people are still interested, that we should do ATVI again in a couple months. At the end of this month (March- 31) they end their fiscal year and we would have more accurate numbers and would be able to tell more. Tell me what you think.

Awesomestockdude
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us