The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Teens and Their Money

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/one-thing-we-havent-hit-yet-with-atvi-is-their-26440831.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock of the Week: Activision (ATVI) Date:  3/4/2008  6:54 PM
Author:  awesomestockdude Number:  2031 of 2674

One thing we haven't hit yet with ATVI is their competition. Their main competition is Electronic Arts (ERTS) and they are neck in neck. They both come out with big games but ATVI is slowly passing up ERTS. I really don't know much about ATVI verses ERTS but it is one thing to pay attention to. I only want the stock that is at the top of its industry. This is one thing that could be a struggle for ATVI until they get way ahead, if they get way ahead.

One thing that really sticks out at me about ERTS is that (according to CAPS)its PE ratio is 679.11. That makes the stock look really overvalued. I would need to look way deeper into this stock before I even think about buying it. Just by looking at that, I am staying with ATVI whose PE ratio is 27.25.

ATVI has other competition but they don't compare to themselves and ERTS. This though, is definitaly something to look at.

Fool on,

Awesomestockdude
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us