The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Teens and Their Money

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-awesomestockdude-thanks-for-all-the-input-i-26445093.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stock of the Week: Activision (ATVI) Date:  3/5/2008  10:04 PM
Author:  Jognils Number:  2033 of 2674

Hey Awesomestockdude,

Thanks for all the input! I know how frustrating it can be when you get loaded down with homework, but it sounds like you have your priorities straight!

You've got a good point with the comparison with EA. I'm what I guess you could call a "casual" gamer, so I don't really even know in many cases which games are made by Activision and which are made by Electronic Arts. As far as size and industry leadership, market cap is one way to compare the two. As of today, ATVI's market cap is $8.04 billion, and EA has a capitalization of $15.06 billion, so in that respect EA still has a pretty significant lead. On the other hand, like you said, EA could be vastly overvalued and could drop in the near future, and I guess you could also argue that the $7 billion gap is an opportunity for ATVI to continue to grow and capture a bigger portion of the market. That's how it looks to me, but someone please correct me if I'm using faulty logic.

Thanks for reminding me about NVDA! I'll make sure to put it in the poll.

Jognils
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us