The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-sure-everyones-options-vary-depending-on-26451633.aspx

Subject:  Re: Changing cars (or not)? Date:  3/7/2008  4:14 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  269209 of 308858

I am sure everyone's options vary depending on many variables. But, anyone in debt pay-down mode that has a chance to "lock in" might be much better off to do that right now than hope the next BT offer will come along at the end of your promotional period.

This needs repeating! Please pay attention to SoccerDad.......now is not the time to be BT surfing if you don't absolutely have to. If you have the choice of locking in at a slightly higher rate, vs. a time-limited BT at a lower rate, take the locked in rate, unless you are sure you can pay the BT off before the expiration. You can always surf to a lower lock-in rate if one becomes available. But at this point, it is better to be safe than sorry.

I was just watching CNBC - so, despite Warren and most people saying we are in a recession - apparently the "r" word can not be official until the white house makes it official?

Declaring a recession is always an after-the-fact proclamation. This is because the economists can't "declare" a recession until they get the actual GDP figures, and 2 quarters in a row have shown a decline. My guess is that we are probably in the early stages of a recession, and that sometime this summer, it will be confirmed.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us