The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Computer Hardware

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-splotto-those-are-useful-guides-i-like-the-26460986.aspx

Subject:  Re: SYSTEM GUIDE: Tech Report Date:  3/11/2008  11:11 AM
Author:  splotto Number:  637 of 649

Hey splotto, those are useful guides, I like the "godbox", and they have a nice write up on Vista 32 vs. 64 bit at the end of the second link. I didn't realize 64 had extra security features and some reduced backward compatability too.

I always enjoy reading those guides. They always let me fantasize about some monster machine. :-)

They are also always a good source when thinking about upgrades. I specifically like the Ars guides because the decisions are hashed out in their forums before they post the guide so you usually get the 'best bang for the buck' hardware items in each catagory.

The GODBOX used to be a little more 'accessible' to mortals like us. For example, for a while it was always just a solid dual CPU rig on a server board from Tyan or SuperMicro and it was not always as expensive as it is now.

Splotto
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us