The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Reporting 529 distributions on taxes Date:  3/20/2008  7:55 AM
Author:  TMFTaurean Number:  99598 of 127616

If there is a taxable distribution and TT doesn't give you a way to easily tell it how much, just force it onto line 21 of the 1040 and, if applicable, Part II of Form 5329.

It's not that TT isn't calculating a taxable portion of the distribution, it is. But since the distribution *was* used to pay for tuition, it shouldn't be taxable at all, right?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us