The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-for-sharing-your-experience-with-the-26519764.aspx

Subject:  Re: Feeling Good Date:  3/30/2008  7:14 PM
Author:  TheXRayStyle Number:  99896 of 120806

Thank you for sharing your experience with the VITA Program and for your service to the community.

From what I've been able to gather about VITA from some quick online research, it appears that one doesn't need to have a great deal of tax expertise to be able to volunteer, as I would have expected. I'd never considered pursuing this as an opportunity because my tax knowledge and experience is extremely limited. However, it seems as though an ability to work well with numbers (duh.) and an ability to learn the software is what's key. As it turns out, this describes me fairly well. My local area VITA program is no longer taking volunteers for this tax season as training has ended for now, but I'm certainly going to look into it more for next year.

As a former tax professional, you may have been exempt from some of this--but if you know, what is the training process like for VITA volunteers?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us