The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-received-mine-but-the-amount-was-638-i-26625726.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rebate Check Date:  5/6/2008  4:48 PM
Author:  arahfool Number:  12991 of 19483

I have received mine but the amount was $638. I thought it would be $600 for me and $600 for DW (who is in a later group). No supporting documention has been received, just the eft deposit.

As someone who is retired and drawing SS, I thank my working friends everyday. As some did me during the 40+ years I 'contributed'.
arahfool

If you file a joint return you'll get but one payment, which would be issued in the group for the primary SSN shown on the return and in both your names.

A $638 stimulus payment should mean that your 2007 joint return showed $638 income tax after credits. As long as 2007 tax falls within the $600-$1200 minimum/maximum range, the payment is that exact figure.

Phil

As with most of what I have read about this, I mis-understood what we would receive but this amount does match line 44 on the 1040. That would have been the simplest explanation. Typical government speak I guess. Can't complain about 'free' monies though.

Thanks for the clarification.

arahfool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us