The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-didnt-have-enough-choices-you-need-one-for-26668914.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Pay-by-pound passenger airline travel? Date:  5/21/2008  2:59 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  12565 of 56830

You didn't have enough choices. You need one for "Yes, I'm overweight." It sounds like a good and fair idea to me, and I'm 100 lbs overweight.

Of course the truth is that I don't care because I absolutely despise flying and I avoid it as much as possible. I don't like going anywhere I can't drive in a car to.

I would like to visit Hawaii but that's not happening unless "then a miracle" occurs and I win the lottery. I recently told my sister that I don't really have much motivation to travel anymore because I don't really care to travel unless I can do it in ultra-luxurious style. If I can't go first class I'd just as soon stay home. If I can't eat out at fancy restaraunts, sleep in a really nice hotel, and fly first class, why should I want to leave home?

At home I sleep in a king sized bed, have three TV's hooked up to cable, computer, DVD's, two refrigerators and a freezer stocked with food, etc. I cook better than most restaraunts that I've been to. Unless I've got the money to travel in style, I'd rather stay home.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us