The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bigger-people-dont-always-take-more-room-though-26681850.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Pay-by-pound passenger airline travel? Date:  5/27/2008  9:55 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  12605 of 58777

Bigger people don't always take more room though. I used to fly fairly regularly for work and have had the pleasure of sitting next to guys shaped like linebackers who take great care not to encroach on my space (even to the point of avoiding the shared armrest!) and the dissatisfaction of sitting next to skinny little men who can't seem to keep their knees from trying to reach mine. The only thing I have found regularly is that women are generally less likely to encroach upon other people's space.. - pachouly
-------------------------------------

It's very difficult for me to fold myself up into a small enough ball to where I don't encroach on someone's space when I'm flying. I absolute despise it so I avoid it as much as possible. I used to have to fly at least once a year for work when it was obligatory to go to meetings in different cities around the country. I've been to meetings in Detroit, Cincinatti (drove), Denver, Miami, Chicago, etc. By the way, Chicago is a fun place to spend a week! Our hotel was right there next to the lake, near the Art Museum and Nature Museum. We walked all over the place, ate at German restaraunts, etc.

I haven't flown in years and I have no plans to do any flying in the future. The only thing that might could tempt to me to fly is if I won the Powerball jackpot and then I could fly first class to Hawaii, otherwise I'd just as soon stay home.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us