The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/flying-is-a-pretty-unattractive-form-of-26682537.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Pay-by-pound passenger airline travel? Date:  5/27/2008  1:10 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  12608 of 63007

Flying is a pretty unattractive form of recreation as it is these days. Making it worse might drive even more people away from this often optional form of consumer spending. - Seattle Pioneer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like road trips a lot. Packing a car with a cooler full of drinks and food, picking out our favorite CD's, getting on the expressway and pointing the nose of our car south toward Florida, that's my idea of fun. I don't even mind the drive all the way to Key West which is almost a thousand miles away, as long as I have enough time. I bet we've made that drive to Panama City, Florida at least ten times.

I've driven to upstate New York four times to visit my friend up there. Utica and Albany, New York. One time we drove to Maine and stayed in Kennenbunkport and went fishing and ate lobsters. That was a fun trip.

Flying is what you do when your in a rush, and at least to me, if I'm in a rush, it's never as much fun.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us