The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Amsterdam

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/welkom-aan-jou-ook-ik-kom-niet-van-nederland-26694614.aspx

Subject:  Re: Welcome Date:  5/31/2008  3:02 PM
Author:  MacMurph Number:  5 of 9

Welkom aan Jou ook !

Ik kom niet van Nederland uit maar ik was in Nederland bijna dertig jaar geleden geweest, aan vacantie. Kan je al Nederlands doen of nog maar Engels en Duits?

The first poster on this board who is not me! Jippieee! Have a rec!

I think I've understood most of your dutch, so you have been in the Netherlands thirty years ago or you lived there for thirty years? That part I don't get.

And are you asking if I can get around in the Netherlands mostly speaking English or German?

I would say so. Most of the time I can get around with English. Sometimes german. The dutch repairmen of my fridge spoke neither of these languages and so it got difficult ;)

Sometimes it takes a while to get, which native language the other person speaks. For instance, I've talked a while with a girl who is serving in a strand bar in Zandvoort before I discovered that she is from Tirol, Austria and she found out that I am from Germany ;)

Love the diversity!

Mac
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us