The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Wireless World

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/trouble-with-wireless-access-26718565.aspx

Subject:  Trouble with Wireless Access Date:  6/9/2008  3:09 PM
Author:  Barracuda Number:  4015 of 4031

[Cross-posted on "Help With This Stupid Computer!" board.]

<Disclaimer>No doubt this kind of question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I apologize if this is a repeat, but if someone would point me to the right answer, I'd much appreciate it. </Disclaimer>

I'm trying to sign onto a wireless network using my wife's laptop, but things aren't quite working right. I get a message saying she's connected, and even that the signal strength is excellent, but then when I open a browser (either Fireforx or IE), I get a dialog box saying that some program is requesting access to the internet and I am offered three dial-up options! I cancelled out of that box and then just get the usual error message that the browser couldn't "find" the startup web page (or any other).

Now, I know the wireless network is actually operating properly, since I connected my own laptop to it with no problems.

My wife's laptop is using XP (with all updates Windows thinks it needs). For the wireless connection, she's using some version of Intel PROset Wireless. (I don't have full details with me at the moment -- but I'll go find whatever details anyone thinks relevant for a diagnosis.)

Does anyone have any clue where the problem might lie? I looked at the Network Connections stuff, and all the dialup options are disabled (and there's no telephone cord attached). Beyond that, I don't even know where to look for this...

Thanks.

Barracuda
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us