The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/unfortunately-my-liberal-and-environmentalist-26724589.aspx

Subject:  Re: $5 Gas Date:  6/11/2008  3:15 PM
Author:  jwiest Number:  13344 of 19257

Unfortunately, my liberal and environmentalist friends increasingly want to regulate and control what people are allowed to eat and do with their lives. That web of control gets ever more comprehensive as the years roll on.

Liberal wars against MacDonald's hamburgers and in favor of their preferred organic foods are both pointless stupid and profoundly patronizing, in my view. Just leave people alone.

I understand that you don't get this concept, but it's at the root of the misconceptions in your comments above.

My misconceptions? Whenever you have to twist an argument into a lie, your credibility is, shall we say, "suspect". Wow, 8 years of Bush, and you still haven't learned that.

As for "regulating what people eat", this is total BS. Eat at McD's, I don't care. But I do think that economies of scale combined with ill-place corporate pork have set up a situation where crap is waaaay cheaper than healthy food.

The first thing to do would be to remove industry subsidies that contribute to the imbalance...and it may be that nothing further needs to be done.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us