The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Trad IRA to Roth Conversion Date:  6/14/2008  1:19 PM
Author:  cstillwell55 Number:  101046 of 127613

In my traditional IRA I have some contributions which were non-deductible. Can I convert those funds over to my Roth IRA without tax consequences or is there an income limitation for doing that? My wife and I file jointly and are under the income limitations for contributing to a Roth, but I thought I heard somewhere that the income limitation for doing a conversion was lower than the contribution limitation.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us