The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Paying for college Date:  6/19/2008  5:33 PM
Author:  Hohum77 Number:  101112 of 123001

1st question: Are there any kind of tax breaks when paying tuition for a dependent?

There are at least four education tax breaks that I am aware of-
1. Hope credit
2. Lifetime learning Credit
3. Education IRA (Coverde