The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-post-here-much-be-prepared-for-more-of-26783625.aspx

Subject:  Re: Will the Whizzers Win? Date:  7/2/2008  9:33 PM
Author:  Daryll40 Number:  13034 of 59688

If you post here much, be prepared for more of the same. The conservatives will blast you with both barrels even if your posts have nothing to with politics--as yours didn't.

Correct, my post was not meant to be political although the part about looming tax increases could, perhaps, be interpreted that way. I am steadfast Republican, by the way. But I chose to post this here because I found that even those who are liberal here share the same "investor class" concerns that most Republican investors like me share.

I see the comparison between the CAMPFIRE and LIBERAL retire boards as this:

Both sides consist of members of the investment class looking to improve their knowledge of how to accumulate enough to take care of themselves. The conservative board is willing to put up with the religious Gardenbunny crap that the Republicans carry as baggage as the price for a big enough alliance to help block ever rising taxes and government. The liberal investment class members are willing to put up with more wealth redistribution baggage in order to create a big enough alliance to block the ever religious intrusion on their private lives that they see the religious Republicans imposing.

Personally I am a libertarian at heart. Do what you want in the bedroom. But I'll vote Republican every time because I feel under attack by the redistributionists and I can tolerage the religious crap.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us