The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Investment Wiki / Wiki Contributors Forum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-spoke-with-the-legal-department-and-they-feel-26807354.aspx

Subject:  Re: Standard formats for different content types Date:  7/11/2008  4:12 PM
Author:  TMFCHarris Number:  91 of 597

I spoke with the Legal Department, and they feel we should do a couple of things.

First, the disclaimer language on the site will include a line to the effect of "contributors to the Flossary may or may not have positions in companies discussed in the Flossary." That should take care of the need for contributors to disclose things.

Second, we should try to keep analysis out of the Flossary, and focus on facts. This may be a given, but I think it is important to mention.

Finally, they say we should not disclose newsletter picks in the Flossary for several reasons. It would make the newsletter picks too readily available for non-premium customers, and we couldn't guarantee that it was up to date, so the disclosure would be partial at best.

Fool on,
Chris
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us