The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Investment Wiki / Wiki Contributors Forum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-like-foolingo-or-foolidex-i-like-foolingo-im-26874709.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Name? Date:  8/5/2008  12:39 AM
Author:  havefunsaving Number:  178 of 597

I like Foolingo or Foolidex.

I like Foolingo. I'm not wild about Flossary. (Sorry Dave!) It makes me think of flossing, dentists' drills, spitting in that little bowl, etc. Not exactly the best mind-picture for those of us who are dentist-phobes!

On the other hand, ones like fWiki, etc., conjure... ummm... well... less-than-savory things. (Think: Eddie Murphy's older routines crossed with Wikipedia.)

I think I like the "one-L" Foolingo better than two "L"'s. It has a bit of a visual ring to it.

I'm gonna see what I can come up with. I'm not the most creative person in the world, but I did help a friend by suggesting a slight tweaking to the sub-title of her book. She liked it and changed the title just before publishing. And I have the autographed copy with a note thanking me for the change to prove it! :o)

I briefly considered Foolia, but I'm not sure I really like that one. (I see Foolio has been suggested.) I was thinking it evoked a Latin feel (as in plural of Foolium), and used the ending of "pedia." But I'm guessing (hoping? praying?) there is so