The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Investment Wiki / Wiki Contributors Forum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-everyone-and-thanks-for-the-invite-ive-26935544.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Name? Date:  8/27/2008  2:06 PM
Author:  Har1en Number:  269 of 597

Hi everyone, and thanks for the invite!

I've gotten a chance to edit a few pages and it's quite fun, and I'm thrilled that we're building this. Fool School was a great start to my investing knowledge base, but something like this is necessary for when you graduate.

But enough about that, let's get on to more important things:

I kinda like Flossary, however, it does not ring well. When I first got the email, I was very confused as to what it meant. Once I realized it was a combo of Fool and Glossary (not a word I use often) I got it, but it was a stretch.

I like the term Foolidex, and Fool Lore is OK. However, I think that you could go with Motley for this wiki -- the idea of Motley is more appropriate to a wiki because Motley is a combination of designs and colors and reflects the contributions of many that the Wiki will be.

So, my name suggestions are:

Motleypedia
(which has a wikipedia kinda vibe going on and leverages your brand, but the has a cleaner ring to it than Foolipedia, I think.)

Motley
(just Motley, nothing else, this will hook into your brand and should not be too much of a legal hassle)

Motley School
(which rhymes but is not very descriptive of the wiki)

Har1en
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us