The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/carlin-said-he-picks-stuff-off-the-floor-and-eats-26937322.aspx

Subject:  Re: 100 things to do before you die? Date:  8/28/2008  12:19 AM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  14247 of 59174

Carlin said he picks stuff off the floor and eats it. So do I. I dropped some cheddar cheese on the floor last night and picked it up and ate it. I'm still here, didn't make me sick at all. -Art

I'll do that in my own home, where I know how clean (or dirty) my own floor is... but I won't do that elsewhere, least of all in a restaurant or other public place.

Last night I was eating Fritos while sitting at the computer, and dropped one on the floor. When I finally found it, I picked it up, blew on it, and ate it. Apparently I didn't blow on it hard enough, because I got a little dust in my mouth along with the Frito. But it didn't kill me.

Some years back I had a friend who worked at one of the nicer restaurants in town. The things he told me go on in the kitchen, behind the scenes, you wouldn't believe. Food is dropped on the floor, then picked up and put on a plate... Employees peel oranges using their teeth... all because everyone is in a big hurry and stressed out, so they do whatever they have to do to get things done.

If I had to think about such stuff, I'd never eat in a restaurant again. So I don't think about it.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us