The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/well-putting-the-people-in-your-line-of-work-in-27033376.aspx

Subject:  Re: Completely OT, but gotta ask Date:  9/26/2008  7:41 PM
Author:  JonBeer Number:  28373 of 36130

Well, putting the people in your line of work in front of a firing squad without benefit of jury trial comes immediately to mind, but that's probably not an idea you're ready to roll with.

I think that's rather an unnecessary comment chrisinkentucky. It shows how little you really understand how the economy and finance in particular work. You're probably the type who thinks that killing all the lawyers, or all the politicians in the country will magically do something good and you'll be prosperous and free without them, whilst not realising that you're very signifcantly more prosperous and free because financiers allow trade to happen and politicians and lawyers keep you free*.

I think the worst we could do to someone like you would be to make you live in a place with no bankers, no politicians and no lawyers. You'd quickly realise the error of your ways I suspect.

I apologise to the board for how off-topic this thread is, but it's all Rimpy's fault for asking in the first place!

Regards
Jon

* Of course, there is excess in all systems, and these are three prime examples where excess has been taken to an absurd level, but to rail against the entire system is counterproductive.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us