The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Eastern European Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/its-my-turn-to-lol-gt-gt-however-i-think-27106696.aspx

Subject:  Re: Financial Doom in Eastern Europe Date:  10/18/2008  3:20 AM
Author:  lukematt Number:  142 of 158

It's my turn to LOL!

>
> However, I think the 'loans', in practice, will have adjustable
> payment schedules or dates
>

You are one smart cookie, aren't you?

If you had given me the opening (rather than filling it for me :-), I intended to write:

"...and what is necessary for those 'bailout' loans to become 'bailout' grants? One flick of an executive pen."

>
> the money was borrowed from the Austrian bank Reiffeisen(sic).
>

You gave me an opening!!! You gave me an opening!!! :-)

And who sits on the board of directors for Raiffeisen? Pavel Mertlik, former Czech minister of finance, who gave Investicni a Postovni Banka to CSOB for ONE CROWN.

Richard, you like Eastern Europe. I'm giving you a homework assignment (no, I'm **not** patronizing you--this assignment is real meaty). Vladimir Dlouhy is a former Czech minister of industry. He's the dirtball who greased the wheel so the international Mafia could steal the Czech Republic during privatization. He also now sits on the board of directors for a bank. Your assignment: Which bank?

I think you'll be shocked.

It's a small world??? Nah. It's a world that's controlled by a small group. By the way, didn't the U.S. have a Secretary of State named Madeleine Albright? Where's she from originally? (Ok, so you have two homework assignments :-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us