The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Pet Lovers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/unfortunately-it-was-not-nothing-this-time-and-27272177.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cat breathing funny Date:  12/15/2008  11:38 AM
Author:  1DEG Number:  106157 of 122016

Unfortunately it was not nothing this time. And from her condition, it seems that I was not overreacting the other times, but that the vet did not run the proper tests. She was breathing heavily due to fluid around her heart. We know it was caused by some sort of cancerous mass, but we didn't do further testing given the possible outcomes. We said our final goodbyes and I held my sweet little baby as she took her final breaths. She was truly the best cat (no offense to any of your cats whom I'm sure try their hardest) and I miss her terribly already. Last night as I was going to bed, my eyes hurting from crying so much, I still called for her to join me. These habits formed for 14 years will be very hard to break.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and for making sure I got my cat to the vet in time to have her last moments be peaceful.

DEG
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us