The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Siemens AG ADS

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/those-prices-around-mid-40-were-a-rare-occasion-i-27330063.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bought SI today Date:  1/8/2009  6:56 AM
Author:  Anibaldo Number:  227 of 243

those prices around mid-40 were a rare occasion i missed, as well. didn't have anything to do with si, this was all related to the volkswagen short squeeze. as usual, when i understood what was happening, it was too late.

i had bought at 49€, which i had considered a rather cheap price, just to see it fall until 31 or so. when i understood the implications of the vw short squeeze for the rest of dax values, it was too late, or not really, but i was reluctant to buy in the low 40ies what i had bought in the high 40ies. psychology.

what happened during these three or four days of the short squeeze, was a rare opportunity to make a safe bet. ultra safe. but i was too stupid, as always happens. same with the c bailout. the news was out on saturday, so you easily could buy in frankfurt in the morning of monday with just a 20% rise over friday's closing. but again, i let pass the occasion, just as always happens to me.

abe
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us