The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/tax-software-is-a-combination-typewriteradding-27343337.aspx

Subject:  Re: Best Tax software? Date:  1/13/2009  7:37 AM
Author:  bacon Number:  103598 of 120801

Tax software is a combination typewriter/adding machine that produces pretty returns without math errors....But if you don't basically know what you're doing all you can be sure of is a pretty return.

My wife and I are considering forming a LLC home business in 2009, so at some point I would like to have a platform that can assist me with those taxes also

That platform, at least at the beginning, is an accountant. Do not start a business without at least one session with one. No box can compete.

What Phil said. I'm partial to Intuit's QuickBooks for the small business. However, don't hesitate to spend more than one session with an accountant-in-a-human, first. QuickBooks is just a typewriter/adding machine optimized for producing a business' pretty returns. If you don't know what you're doing, you're just going to get nicely printed trash.

Eric Hines
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us