The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  filing trust tax return Date:  1/21/2009  9:39 PM
Author:  Fletch52 Number:  103838 of 127616

Fools: Our firm is conservator for a client who has a trust. Trust holds his investments that were placed in trust when it was created. If there is no separate tax id for the individual and income/loss from assets in the trust shows the individual social security number does that mean we file just one return for this individual.

Conversely when would a trust file a 1041 return? Under which circumstances. Thanks for the clarification.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us