The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Choosing not to Have Kids

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-understand-how-any-doctor-could-give-27386006.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why do we act like this is okay? Date:  1/27/2009  1:15 PM
Author:  Jhereg Number:  34666 of 35757

I don't understand how any doctor could give fertility drugs (not confirmed in this case, but how likely was it that she didn't have fertility drugs?) to anyone who is unwilling to undergo selective reduction in the case of that many embryos implanting.

What cracks me up (okay, actually, it makes me meshuggah) is when they're all like, "I want fertility treatments," and the doctor's all like, "okay, but you'll have to thin the herd once they're fertilized," and the mom's all like, "okay," but then when the doctor goes, "It's time for your selective reduction," the mom's all like, "You mean abortion, and abortion is MURDER!" and then proceeds to have thirteen unhealthy babies instead of one or two healthy ones. "We'll let GOD decide."

Lady, God already decided. You ignored her and got the fertility treatments anyway.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us