The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/donthanks-for-the-gentle-slap-around-you-27494506.aspx

Subject:  Re: Corporate tax Question Date:  3/4/2009  9:18 PM
Author:  Wradical Number:  104956 of 121572

(Don:)..thanks for the gentle slap around you gave me. I re-read my post and I'm sure it came across reasonably snotty, especially to a CPA professional. That wasn't my intent, of course, but perception equals reality...so I was snotty.

Now, I didn't say that. And I wasn't trying to slap you.
But you're welcome. I'm glad you took it in the spirit intended.

OK, you mentioned elsewhere you have a 1120 without too many wrinkles.
So it's not an 1120S where you have other shareholders who will scream for K-1s, and you don't mind and extension. So if doing TurboTax really intrigues you, go for it.

And I can see that a raise in fees from $500--->$750 in one year is a large percentage increase, they might just be making up for past year's lack of an increase, too.

Consider one other thing, though. As a business owner, your time must be worth something to you. By the time you've bought, installed and updated your TurboTax program, and gotten up to speed on the corporate package, along with the boredom and frustration that will come with it, the time and aggravation will easily hit that $750 figure, in my opinion.

Bill
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us