The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: IRS Refund? Date:  3/5/2009  1:21 PM
Author:  sky1948 Number:  104970 of 127519


You have probably already deleted the email, but if not, then forward it to the IRS.,,id=179820,00.html?port...

"How to report phishing, e-mail scams and bogus IRS Web sites
If you receive an e-mail or find a Web site you think is pretending to be the IRS,

Forward the e-mail or Web site URL to the IRS at
You can forward the message as received or provide the Internet header of the e-mail. The Internet header has additional information to help us locate the sender.
After you forward the e-mail or header information to us, delete the message."

I had never heard of providing the Internet header; good to know.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us