The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Polyamory Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/how-do-you-find-them-27514968.aspx

Subject:  How do you find them? Date:  3/12/2009  6:01 AM
Author:  AAAAmanda Number:  95 of 111

I’ve been experimenting with the polyamorous lifestyle recently. On-line forums have been good to me because they self select for those who have an issue with a woman who isn’t into monogamy. However, so far it has really been just dating. I’ve gained some valuable friendships, but only one was truly comfortable with my extracurricular activities. He was a cuck and frankly, that’s what floats his boat. With another one I was dating (at the same time), we did develop feelings for each other, but this was not something that he would have been comfortable with for too much longer.

Currently, I’m not dating. Not my idea, but that’s just the way things worked out. In a few months or so, I do plan to resume, and again, not be monogamous.

My question is: How do you go from casual dating (which has one set of requirements), to having relationships (which has another set of requirements) with multiple people at one time? How do you find people that are okay with that?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us