The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Polyamory Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/honesty-beyond-all-elselt1gt-i-agree-27518146.aspx

Subject:  Re: How do you find them? Date:  3/13/2009  3:44 AM
Author:  AAAAmanda Number:  97 of 111

Honesty beyond all else!!</1>

I agree. That's one reason why I like the internet. I can be completely honest up front without worrying about how it will be received because the only people who answer me are people for whom it is not an issue.

It took us quite some time to find a relationship we were comfortable with, and that worked for all concerned, but never did we date anyone without letting them know how we felt and what our eventual expectations were.

You say "we." I take this to mean that you have a primary relationship. Did you enter into this relationship knowing that eventually it would be poly?

I don't think that I want a primary relationship. I tend to get a little too wrapped up in a guy, and my emotions hinge on him a little too much. I find that with more people in my life, I can have a little distance, and everyone involved is a lot happier. Does this make sense?

If I have functioning gaydar, and I do (although it's not particularly great) is there something like polydar?

4A

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us