The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Polyamory Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/id-like-to-thank-you-for-your-help-in-answering-27528129.aspx

Subject:  Re: How do you find them? Date:  3/17/2009  3:46 AM
Author:  AAAAmanda Number:  101 of 111

I'd like to thank you for your help in answering my questions.

The biggest problem that I see is that there really isn't a set formula set out for this kind of thing. A one on one monogomous relationship, sure - boy meets girl, they date, and if they really love each other, they marry - the end. If a third person enters the relationship, they break up due to "cheating." If the other person enters into a true relationship, then you are considered a "doormat" if you put up with it.

The only American societies that seem to handle polyamory are certain sects of Mormonism in Utah (some of whom I wouldn't get within 10 miles of). Everybody else, not so much.

I am uncomfortable of the idea of a "main" relationship, with someone else being secondary. It makes that other person seem less important. Who would want to be in a relationship where you weren't considered important to the other people in it?

4A
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us