The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/cant-e-file-taxes-on-turbotax-27611363.aspx

Subject:  Can't E-File Taxes on TurboTax Date:  4/17/2009  11:27 AM
Author:  brucedoe Number:  105804 of 121482

Corss posted from the Fixed Income Board

I guess I can't e-file TT and will have to do paper. The previous year's AGI I used was apparently wrong and the application was rejected. so I called the IRS and got the figure they had (after answering many questions to establish that I wasn't a fraud.). So I correct the AGI figure in TT but get a message again that the submission is rejected. I called the IRS again to verify the AGI they have. It was the same. So I tried submitting again. I get an immediate response that the submission is rejected. so apparently in TT you get one shot to get the AGI correct, though they don't tell you this.

TT is totally unresponsive. They have an automatic feature to ask questions to (Ask what's her name), but in the end "she" just referred me to their board of TT users. Questions such as mine went unansewered. There is no further recourse as they do not accept telephone calls.

The second lady I talked to at the IRS said that mine was the second call she had on this topic.

brucedoe
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us