The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: DRIP and teenager - taxes on sale Date:  4/21/2009  1:04 PM
Author:  stocks2grow Number:  105877 of 127753

Thanks Peter,

I checked the forms and there is a UTMA option, thanks for that suggestion. Do you know offhand - since he has no income now, so files no taxes (still in high school), when does he have to file a tax return? Seems like a "get started in the market" DRIP of only a few hundred dollars wouldn't be enough, but I'm not sure.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us