The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in Alabama

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/regarding-recent-hailstorm-in-huntsville-27651992.aspx

Subject:  Regarding Recent hailstorm in Huntsville Date:  5/2/2009  9:40 PM
Author:  math999man Number:  456 of 461

Regarding Recent hailstorm in Huntsville

Recently there was a hailstorm in Huntsville which caused some minor damage to my car. I have a 1982 Caprice classic. The damage was minor in nature, namely a couple of dents on the hood and roof. The hailstorm was broad enough so that insurance companies have set up local temporary offices around the community. The procedure is, if you have a claim on your car to drive to one of these local temporary offices and get your claim sorted out.

This is my first experience in making a claim for the hailstorm damage. Since my car is rather old I wonder if they would just consider my car to be "totaled" and end up paying me a few hundred dollars in exchange for the title to the car? I do not want to sell my car for a few hundred dollars.

If any of the readers here had experience in making a claim for hail damage on their older automobile I would appreciate your sharing the experience you had.

Thanks

math999man
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us