The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 529 withdrawals Date:  6/6/2009  5:06 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  106222 of 127513

My state did give a tax break on the last 2 years contributions, how would I check out what might be due to them? Would I simply declare it on the next state tax return, and have it included in my income for the year?

Check the state instruction booklet. Most states start with Federal AGI and have a section for "Additions to Federal AGI." That's where you'd find it if your state's return is organized that way.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us