The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/this-brings-me-to-me-second-point-being-in-the-27733008.aspx

Subject:  Re: End of the Health Care debate Date:  6/8/2009  4:17 PM
Author:  HoracePuckey Number:  19307 of 63325

This brings me to me second point. Being in the military I have had firsthand experience (I am in the medical field) with the NHS system in England. It is frankly horrible. Rationed heathcare is not pretty. And it takes months sometimes just to see a provider. It's crazy...

Just a word about health care in the military. When I was in the army, my wife was subject to very painful menstrual cramps, every month. The MD's diagnosed endometriosis. Gave her some pills.

Some years later, I was a civilian. She ran out of the pain pills and went to a civilian MD. He said, "Either you are pregnant, or you have a tumor the size of a grapefruit." They removed the tumor, and her problem went away (period and all). I feel the military wasn't set up tp worry about a female civilian with period issues. Grit your teeth. Suck it up.

Horace
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us