The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotltltsome-years-later-i-was-a-civilian-27733157.aspx

Subject:  Re: End of the Health Care debate Date:  6/8/2009  5:00 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  19310 of 59078

"<<Some years later, I was a civilian. She ran out of the pain pills and went to a civilian MD. He said, "Either you are pregnant, or you have a tumor the size of a grapefruit." They removed the tumor, and her problem went away (period and all). I feel the military wasn't set up tp worry about a female civilian with period issues. Grit your teeth. Suck it up.

Horace
>> "

The VA is always under 'cost control'....... and you don't get the best docs working for the VA....it is the place where docs go when they can't make it in private practice..

If you have a gov't health care 'plan', you'll find the same level of inadequate compentency....for the docs in the government plan. You can't make it on Medicare plus 10% for all your patients. No way. Right now, you have a hard time finding a doc for Medicare if you don't have one established with a large percentage of regular patients.

REmember, in Canada a dog can get a hip replaced in 10 days. For people, it can be up to 3 years because of rationing. You really want that here?

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us